Information about PDF Converter Search
PDF Converter Search is a name of the address that belongs to website which supports ads and pop-ups through redirecting users search into its sponsored links and pages. This redirect virus can associate itself to any of your reputed browser such as internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google, Chrome, Bing, Safari. A Point will come in the last no ad/pop-up blocker will work against advertisements coming from PDF Converter Search.
PDF Converter Search mainly get into your system through bundled free third party programs, spam email attachments, suspicious websites, p2p file sharing and other tricks. This nasty redirect virus will completely compromise your web browsing. Whenever you will this fake search engine to surf the Internet, it will redirect your web searches to unknown websites. It will also deliver lots of unwanted and annoying pop-up ads on your computer screen that redirect your browser on malicious websites. It may also bring similar threats and malware on your computer without permission. PDF Converter Search can also risk your privacy. Being a browser hijacker, this nasty threat can easily read your browsing habits and history. It can collect all your personal information including your financial details and send to remote hackers. It is a harmful threat for your computer and must remove it soon from your system. Follow the below guide to easily remove PDF Converter Search from your PC.
Overview of PDF Converter Search
Secretly installed in your computer without user’s permission.
Hijack your browsers and redirect your search result to PDF Converter Search.
Injects multiple infected and malicious files into your computer.
Degenerate your computer performance.
And lead your confidential information to be leaked.
Symptoms of PDF Converter Search
User’s may seen following symptoms when their respective PC’s will be infected with such dangerous and harmful virus.
System will respond against your instructions.
Web browser will not be working properly.
Some files and data will be inaccessible.
While turning on the PC blue screen will appear.
Internet speed will be decreased.
Browser’s default web page will be replaced by another web page.
Prevention steps of PDF Converter Search
User’s may prevent such harmful threats entering in their system by following these easy and simple steps.
Install a registered anti-virus in your computer.
Do not download freeware programs from unofficial websites.
Do not click links recommended by illegal and untrustworthy websites.
Do not open Spam email attachments without scanning.
Do not insert infected pen drives.
PDF Converter Search Removal Guide
Please follow the detailed removal steps below to quickly & completely get rid of PDF Converter Search. The following steps have helped thousands of victims successfully eliminate the browser hijacker from their infected computers. If you can complete all the steps below, you can keep your PC away from PDF Converter Search and optimize your system.
Step1. Uninstall unwanted programs via Control Panel.
For Windows 7/Vista user
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel from the list.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall to remove them.
For Windows XP user
- Click Windows Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- In the opened window, select Add or Remove Programs from the category.
- Search for any unwanted programs in the list of installed programs and then click Change/Remove button to uninstall them.
For Windows 8 user
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) and then select Control Panel from the drop down menu.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Now you will get a window as shown below. Look for any malicious programs related to PDF Converter Search from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall to wipe out them.
If you have any trouble in removing the unwanted programs by above method, don’t hesitate to download a professional malware removal tool to and run it to get rid of all suspicious programs in your computer. You can download the removal tool by clicking the button below.
Step2. Delete PDF Converter Search from IE/Chrome/Chrome shortcut.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- Delete the unwanted URL http://PDF Converter Search…./ in the Target box and then click Apply→OK button.
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete the malicious URL http://PDF Converter Search…/in the Target box and then click Apply→OK button.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Shortcut window, delete the harmful URL http://PDF Converter Search…/in the Target box and then clickApply→OK button.
Step3. Remove PDF Converter Search homepage and change default search engine from IE/ Firefox/Chrome.
Step3.1. Remove PDF Converter Search homepage and change default search engine from Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools in the main menu and then select Internet Options from the list.
- In the Internet Options window, delete PDF Converter Search homepage http://PDF Converter Search…/. You can type another preferable web address as your new homepage and then click Apply→OK button.(Or you can selectUse blank as your new homepage and then click Apply→OK button.
Change your default search engine from IE
- Click on the Tools in the main menu and then choose Manage Add-ons from the list.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, click Search Provider on the left. You can set Google or another desired one as your default search engine by clicking Set as default button. Then delete unwanted search engine by clicking Remove button.
Step3.2. Remove PDF Converter Search homepage and change default search engine from Firefox.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete PDF Converter Search homepage http://PDF Converter Search…/. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click Restore to Default button directly.
- Now click Search tab as shown below.
- Click the inverted triangle to choose your default search engine such as Google.
- Scroll down your cursor, find out the unwanted search engine PDF Converter Search and then click Removebutton to delete it. (Below image is an example)
Step3.3. Remove PDF Converter Search homepage and change default search engine from Chrome.
- Click the menu button (at the top right corner of Chrome) and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click Set pages.
- Click X icon to delete PDF Converter Search homepage http://PDF Converter Search/ and then click OK button.
- Now return to the Settings window, click Change.
- Delete the unwanted homepage http://PDF Converter Search/ and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings page. Scroll down your cursor, find out Manage search engines and click it.
- In the opened window, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine and then remove the unwanted search engine PDF Converter Search. Don’t forget to click Done button.
Step4. Run SpyHunter to scan your PC and make sure your PC is completely free from PDF Converter Search
To make sure you have wiped out all the traces of PDF Converter Search, it is necessary run the professional malware removal tool – SpyHunter to scan your PC and guarantee your PC is totally free from this browser hijacker.
Excellent Features of SpyHunter:
A reputable and powerful anti-malware/anti-spyware program
Detect, remove and block adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, cookies, Trojans, worms and other types of malware.
Identify and stop any processes that attempt to secretly auto-start malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry.
Respond with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats
Daily malware definition updates ensure complete protection from the latest malware threats.
Compatible with Windows, 7, Vista, 8, 8.1, XP, Windows 10, etc
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of PDF Converter Search and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Step5. Reset IE/Firefox/Chrome to default settings.
- Click the Tools in the main menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information from the list.
- In the opened window, click Refresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset your Firefox.
- Reset your computer.
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Show advanced settings.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- After a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset your Chrome.
- Don’t forget to restart your PC.
5 Ways to Protect PC Safe
1: Disable image previews in Outlook
Simply receiving an infected Outlook e-mail message, one in which graphics code is used to enable the virus’ execution, can result in a virus infection. Prevent against automatic infection by disabling image previews in Outlook.
2: Don’t click on email links or attachments
It’s a mantra most every Windows user has heard repeatedly: Don’t click on email links or attachments. Yet users frequently fail to heed the warning.
Whether distracted, trustful of friends or colleagues they know, or simply fooled by a crafty email message, many users forget to be wary of links and attachments included within email messages, regardless of the source. Simply clicking on an email link or attachment can, within minutes, corrupt Windows, infect other machines, and destroy critical data.
3: Surf smart
Many business-class anti-malware applications include browser plug-ins that help protect against drive-by infections, phishing attacks (in which pages purport to serve one function when in fact they try to steal personal, financial, or other sensitive information), and similar exploits. Still others provide “link protection,” in which Web links are checked against databases of known-bad pages.
Whenever possible, these preventive features should be deployed and enabled. Unless the plug-ins interfere with normal Web browsing, users should leave them enabled. The same is true for automatic pop-up blockers, such as are included in Internet Explorer 8, Google’s toolbar, and other popular browser toolbars.
4: Use a hardware-based firewall
Technology professionals and others argue the benefits of software- versus hardware-based firewalls. Often, users encounter trouble trying to share printers, access network resources, and perform other tasks when deploying third-party software-based firewalls. As a result, I’ve seen many cases where firewalls have simply been disabled altogether.
5: Deploy DNS protection
Internet access introduces a wide variety of security risks. Among the most disconcerting may be drive-by infections, in which users only need to visit a compromised Web page to infect their own PCs (and potentially begin infecting those of customers, colleagues, and other staff).
PDF Converter Search is a fake search engine website which may not provide you any useful information while you are using it to research something. This virus is spread through peer-to-peer file sharing, unsafe website visiting, affected freeware downloading and so on. Once this infection gets into your computer, you may see that your computer works so weirdly. You may get stuck or webpage crashed so frequently. You can do nothing normally on your infected computer once this virus infects your computer. In addition, this virus may bring into other infection on your computer, such as adware, malware, spyware and so on. All these threats may mess up your computer completely. So, you’d better remove this virus as soon as you detect it on your computer. None antivirus program can get rid of this hijacker, but manual removal method.